We recently sold some of our bubble blowers and partial proceeds benefited Autism Speaks Canada Walk Now for Autism event. I went to their website today to make to the donation and the very first thing you see on their website is the really scary latest numbers of the amount of children diagnosed with autism.
These numbers are real. My son, Bryce, is one of those now 88 children and one of those now 54 boys.
Please share this information with your friends and loved ones. The more people know the early signs, the more people can detect it, and get their child an early diagnosis.
From the Autism Speaks Canada website:
Autism affects approximately 1 in
110 88 children and 1 in 70 54 boys.
Autism prevalence figures are growing.
- No big smiles or other warm, joyful expressions by six months or thereafter
- No back-and-forth sharing of sounds, smiles, or other facial expressions by nine months or thereafter
- No babbling by 12 months
- No back-and-forth gestures, such as pointing, showing, reaching, or waving by 12 months
- No words by 16 months
- No two-word meaningful phrases (without imitating or repeating) by 24 months
- Any loss of speech or babbling or social skills at any age