On February 12, 2013, let’s talk.
- 1 in 5 Canadians will experience a form of mental illness at some point in their lives.
- 2 in 3 people suffer in silence fearing judgment and rejection.
- Only 49% of Canadians said they would socialize with a friend who has a serious mental illness.
- 27% of Canadians are fearful of being around people who suffer from serious mental illness.
- Mood and anxiety disorders impact an estimated 22% of the Canadian population.
- At any given time, almost 3 million Canadians have serious depression.
- Once depression is recognized, help can make a difference for 80% of people who are affected, allowing them to get back to their regular activities.
Help spread the word to help end the stigma associated with mental illness.
On Bell Let’s Talk Day, Bell will donate 5¢ more to mental health initiatives across Canada for every:
- Text message sent (by a Bell or Bell Alliant customer)
- Long distance call made (by a Bell or Bell Alliant customer)
- Tweet using #BellLetsTalk (@Bell_LetsTalk)
- Facebook share their Bell Let’s Talk Image
We will be showing our support using all the methods and encourage you to join us February 12, 2013! Let’s talk!
Thanks for reading,
Tanaya, Daniel, and Bryce
For more information, or tips on how you can spread the word, visit letstalk.bell.ca